Cannabis Job & Career Opportunities in Eureka
Sales of recreational marijuana began on January 1, 2018, after Californians voted to legalize the drug in the 2016 election. The market’s debut brings an end to prohibition in the most populous state, which is now also the biggest legal marijuana market in America. Adults over the age of 21 can now use, carry, and buy up to an ounce of marijuana for non-medical use, and grow as many as six plants at home, without a doctor’s letter.
The state Bureau of Cannabis Control has awarded retail licenses to over 100 dispensaries from Eureka to Oakland to San Diego. (There are more than 1,300 dispensaries statewide.)
There are enough new cannabis jobs to employ any interested job candidate across the country but finding a viable position in the cannabusiness is easier said than done. When searching for the best cities to work in the marijuana industry, it’s helpful to gain a better understanding of the current cannabis job market.
Marijuana Dispensary Jobs
Riverside’s various pot shops have informative, enthusiastic employees working in reception, budtending, management, security and other positions. The sales division of the marijuana industry employs some of the most individuals with part and full-time positions that facilitate the sale of cannabis products to medical patients and adult customers.
Finding work in a dispensary is a competitive venture. Especially if you are applying to be a budtender or work in management, the pool of applicants swells to keep up with interest in this new industry.
Marijuana Tourism Jobs
As I mentioned earlier, Riverside has leveraged cannabis to bolster its tourism industry, bringing in significant taxable revenue on cannabis and earnings from pricey niche tour and vacation packages.
Marijuana Growing Jobs
While Riverside may lead the movement with many things cannabis, it is not the ideal location to grow cannabis outdoors. Historically, Humboldt County, California and Southern Oregon have hosted the most large-scale grow operations of anywhere in the country.
REGULAR CANNAJOBS AND SALARY
- Lead grower: Manages all tasks and employees in the grow house. $70,000-$90,000 annually
- Junior grower: Works under lead grower in planting, cloning and nourishing marijuana plants. $12-$18 per hour, $25,000-$37,500 annually
- Trimmer: In charge of hand-trimming plants as well as operating trimming machines. $12-$18 per hour, $25,000-$37,500 annually
- Inventory manager: $14-$16 per hour, about $31,500 annually
- General manager: $19-$28 per hour, $40,000-$60,000 annually
- Sales: $14-$19 per hour, $30,000-$40,000 annually
- Refining/ extraction technician: Operates machinery to extract oils from marijuana plants. $19-$25 per hour, $40,000-$50,000 annually
- Packaging: $12-$16 per hour, about $25,000 annually
- Delivery: Transports products to dispensaries. $14-$16 per hour, about $31,000 annually
- General manager: $45,000-$60,000 annually
- Assistant manager: $18-$22 per hour, about $42,000 annually
- Receptionist/greeter: $12-$16 per hour, about $29,000 annually
- Patient adviser. Educates patients on products to determine what’s right for them. $14-$18 per hour, about $33,000 annually
- Vault manager: Rolls joints, stocks and replaces inventory and handles deliveries. $14-$20 per hour, about $30,000-$42,000 annually
- Cashier/ “budtender”: Handles products and rings up purchases; may also be in charge of restocking inventory. $14-$18 per hour, about $33,000 annually
Marijuana and cannabis related jobs, features, marketing, blogs and many other things can be found in “ChronicJobs.com”. You can filter and search for jobs near you or wherever you desire. If you are looking for an employee, you can post any jobs for your company. As in Eureka, ChronicJobs offers some amazing dream jobs for you such as sales representative, Dispensary Manager, Delivery Specialist, Processing Manager, wellness coordinator and many more.