Cannabis Jobs in Vermont
Vermont is officially the ninth state to legalize marijuana, and the first to end cannabis prohibition through an act of lawmakers. Vermont’s senate passed a bill to legalize recreational marijuana use in January, which would make the state the first in the nation to do so through the legislative process rather than a ballot initiative.
Under the legislation’s provisions, people over 21 years of age will be allowed to legally possess up to one ounce of marijuana and grow as many as two mature and four immature cannabis plants. Commercial marijuana sales will not be allowed under the new law, which is set to take effect on July 1.
On January 22, 2018, Vermont’s Republican Governor Phil Scott signed bill H. 511, making Vermont the ninth state to legalize adult-use marijuana and the first state to legalize via the legislature.
In Vermont, Medical marijuana reforms are turning into reality and beginning to have real impacts on Vermont patients, dispensaries, and caregivers, and the public at large. Earlier this year, the Champlain Valley Dispensary (CVD) and Southern Vermont Wellness (SVW) website employment section featured over ten diverse job postings in both Burlington, Brattleboro, and the cultivation facility in Milton and presently have listings for two available job openings: a Part-Time Extraction Technician and a full-time Dispensary Manager. Per the Vermont state regulations, applicants must be at least 21 years old and pass a criminal background check and an FBI finger print background check.
There are enough new cannabis jobs to employ any interested job candidate across the country but finding a viable position in the cannabusiness is easier said than done. When searching for the best cities to work in the marijuana industry, it’s helpful to gain a better understanding of the current cannabis job market.
Marijuana Dispensary Jobs
Riverside’s various pot shops have informative, enthusiastic employees working in reception, budtending, management, security and other positions. The sales division of the marijuana industry employs some of the most individuals with part and full-time positions that facilitate the sale of cannabis products to medical patients and adult customers.
Marijuana Tourism Jobs
As I mentioned earlier, Riversidehas leveraged cannabis to bolster its tourism industry, bringing in significant taxable revenue on cannabis and earnings from pricey niche tour and vacation packages.
Marijuana Growing Jobs
While Riverside may lead the movement with many things cannabis, it is not the ideal location to grow cannabis outdoors. Historically, Humboldt County, California and Southern Oregon have hosted the most large-scale grow operations of anywhere in the country.
REGULAR CANNAJOBS AND SALARY
- Grower: Manages all tasks and employees in the grow house. $70,000-$90,000 annually
- Trimmer: In charge of hand-trimming plants as well as operating trimming machines. $12-$18 per hour, $25,000-$37,500 annually
- Inventory manager: $14-$16 per hour, about $31,500 annually
- General manager: $19-$28 per hour, $40,000-$60,000 annually
- Sales: $14-$19 per hour, $30,000-$40,000 annually
- Refining/ extraction technician: Operates machinery to extract oils from marijuana plants. $19-$25 per hour, $40,000-$50,000 annually
- Delivery: Transports products to dispensaries. $14-$16 per hour, about $31,000 annually
- General manager: $45,000-$60,000 annually
- Assistant manager: $18-$22 per hour, about $42,000 annually
- Receptionist/greeter: $12-$16 per hour, about $29,000 annually
- Patient adviser. Educates patients on products to determine what’s right for them. $14-$18 per hour, about $33,000 annually
- Budtender: Handles products and rings up purchases; may also be in charge of restocking inventory. $14-$18 per hour, about $33,000 annually
Marijuana and cannabis related jobs, features, marketing, blogs and many other things can be found in “ChronicJobs.com”. You can filter and search for jobs near you or wherever you desire. If you are looking for an employee, you can post any jobs for your company. As in Vermont, ChronicJobs offers some amazing dream jobs for you such as sales representative, Dispensary Manager, Delivery Specialist, Processing Manager, wellness coordinator and many more.